- 1 green onion, chopped
- 500 ml | 2 cups peas, blanched
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 8 scallops
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 16 slices baguette, rubbed with olive oil and lightly toasted
- Fresh chervil, for garnish
- Fresh pea tendrils, for garnish
1. Add peas, green onion, mint, lemon zest, and lemon juice to the bowl of a food processor. Pulse until a coarse puree forms. While processor is running, add in the olive oil. Puree until smooth. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
2. Pat the scallops dry and season with salt and pepper.
3. Heat the butter in a large skillet over high heat. When the butter browns and the pan is super hot, add the scallops and sear about 3 minutes on each side or until opaque.
4. Remove from heat. When cool enough to handle, slice each scallop in half lengthwise.
5. Assemble the bruschetta by first spreading each baguette with a layer of the pea puree, and topping with a scallop. To serve, garnish with fresh chervil and pea tendrils.