- 1 medium tomato, seeded and diced
- 1 medium shallot, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 habanero chili, seeded and finely chopped
- Sea salt, to taste
- Rock salt
- Crushed Ice
- 32 fresh oysters on the half shell
1. In a small bowl, mix the tomato, shallot, coriander, lemon juice and chili together. Season with salt and set aside.
2. Sprinkle a generous amount of rock salt over a non-reactive rimmed platter. Add a layer of crushed ice over the salt. Sprinkle another handful of rock salt.
3. Arrange the oysters in their shells on the ice, nestling them a bit so they don't move around. Spoon 1 teaspoon of the mignonette over each oyster. Transfer the remaining mignonette to a small serving bowl and set among the oysters.