- 8 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 bulb garlic, chopped large
- 4 teaspoons unsalted butter
- 450 ml | 2 cups Estancia Sauvignon Blanc
- 225 ml | 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 4 dozen little neck clams
- 4 tablespoons freshly chopped parsley
- 4 tablespoons freshly chopped basil
- 2 lemons, cut into wedges
1. Heat oil in a large pot over high heat. Add garlic and cook until golden, about 2 minutes. Add the butter, wine, water, salt and clams, and cover tightly. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook about 15 minutes, or until the shells open.
2. Transfer clams with a slotted spoon to a large bowl and pour the liquid through a strainer over the clams. Top with fresh herbs, serve with fresh lemons, and enjoy with a good crusty bread.